Charity Work and Fundraising
Contributing to local charities through participation in fundraising events and involvement in local community projects engages staff and is evidence that as a company we can really make a difference.
It is due to the hard work of our community that we are successful so we work just as hard to give back to the community. Below are some of the activities we have partaken in to raise money for local charities:
- Some members of our team took part in a DIYSOS project to help out a family in Orpington, Kent (Episode 6 of Series 25)
- Two of our Directors took part in a 10 day trek across the Great Wall of China raising £15,000 for the Tamworth Children’s Trust
- We raised £1,500 for the Sutton Royal Marsden Glass Slipper Appeal
- Female Head Office staff took part in the Race for Life and raised over £2,000
- We raised over £500 for the Prince’s Trust
- We raised over £1,500 for the British Heart Foundation
- Took part in a local charity event for the Croydon Committee raising just over £3,700
- We continuously work with the Amy Wallace Magpie Trust for Children with Leukemia, we sponsored part of a concert held at Fairfield Halls in aid of the Charity and have donated over £5,000 in the last 3 years.
- We support a number of local schools with their own environmental projects by providing valuable labour and training to pupils on weeding and planting to produce garden plots
- Each year we sponsor the Mitcham Little Leagues’ “Chequers Cup Day”. At the end of the season the football club holds an award ceremony.
To date we have raised over £24,200 to local charities thanks to the support of our staff, clients and suppliers.