Health & Safety
At Chequers, our priority is not only to deliver complete service excellence, but to ensure that our clients and staff can live and work secure in the knowledge that their safety is taken care of.
Our approach to Health and Safety is run from the top down with an active commitment at Board level and a Health and Safety committee in place. We are proud members of the British Safety Council and engage with our externally appointed H&S advisors Ellis Whittam who audit and guide us to ensure we are always up to date and operating appropriately. In line with our BS OHSAS 18001 – Occupational H&S Management accreditation we carry out regular internal and external audits and ensure we are constantly complying with the most up to date health and safety quality systems. We provide comprehensive H&S and COSHH induction training to all of our staff to equip them with the knowledge and skills to practice safe working on site. We maintain a continuous training programme based on the memberships and schemes below, supporting the health and safety of not only our staff, but everyone that comes into contact with Chequers’ operations.
- British Safety Council
- British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc)
- British Agricultural and Garden Machinery (BAGMA)
- NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting
- Federation of Window Cleaners (Working at Heights Training)
- HSE Slips Trips and Falls
- ‘Toolbox Talks’ refresher H&S training sessions
- Full time in house Health and Safety Manager and COSHH Assessor
Our Accreditations below serve as further testament to our commitment to wellbeing, Health and Safety practices and procedures, ensuring that everyone’s health and safety is protected.