At Chequers we are passionate about the Environment and strongly believe in providing a service that will provide long term benefits with as minimal impact to the environment as is possible.
Our annual environmental action plan ensures we achieve environmental success year on year:
- We have introduced hybrid and electric vehicles to our fleet
- We regularly review our product range to invest in the latest environmentally friendly and sustainable products and equipment on the market.
- We dispose of at least three tonnes of waste daily, recycling 99%, with only 1% going to landfill.
- We have our own compost management system located at our office in Orpington – 100% of our uncontaminated green waste is recycled and reused mainly within shrubberies and new planting schemes.
- We have won a number of awards involving the carbon smart Gold award for four consecutive years, and the most recent Award for Sustainability at the CSSA Awards 2017.