The main purpose of this role is to manage the grounds maintenance team and ensure quality grounds maintenance services are delivered to a wide range of customers.
To work alongside the account manager and supervise staff on a day to day basis and ensuring that all duties are carried out throughout in an effective and efficient way to meet required standards.
- To own and resolve problems.
- To promote the Company in a positive manner when dealing with internal and external customers or at any other opportunity.
- To respond positively, promptly and appropriately to all customer requests.
- Assist with managing contracts and staff working across various sites as well as management of the Supervisors.
- Co-ordinate labour, equipment, and materials to ensure efficient productivity levels are achieved.
- Ensure the contract is operating to and exceeding the required specification and performance and is regularly audited in line with specification.
- Endorse new company initiatives and ensure they are implemented on site.
- Carry out ad-hoc and regular activity such as projects, reports, audits as required by and to support the Account Manager.
- Provide quotations for clients/other Account Managers as required.
- Ensure works are delivered on time and budget.
- Ensure business sector is fully compliant with industry standards, relevant employment legislation, ISO, and company procedures & policies.
- To adhere strictly to security policy and procedures as set by the Company.
- To ensure that all Company property is removed from staff who exit the Company.
- Ensure target staffing levels at customer sites are achieved and maintained at all times.
- Support with recruitment, development and placement of staff on site contracts promptly, liaising with Human Resources and Payroll, as appropriate.
- Train and manage site supervisors in Health & Safety, basic & advanced tasks and to ensure this is cascaded to all site staff as necessary. Ensure employees adhere to the Company Health and Safety procedure at all times.
- Build and maintenance excellent working relationships with customers, ensuring continuous good levels of communication.
- Hold regular contract and specification review meetings with customer alongside the Account Manager and management team.
- Support with internal monthly reporting as required and deliver to the Account Manager by set deadlines.
- Report any contract issues to the Account Manager in a timely manner.
- To perform any other reasonable job-related task that may be directed by the Account Manager or senior management of the company as requested.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Legislation, as laid down by the Company.
- Communicate any Health and Safety problems encountered, to relevant line manager promptly completing appropriate paperwork as required.
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any non-compliance, or issues.
- Be fully aware of individual and reporting staff’s responsibilities in regard to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Ensure sites regulations and Health & Safety policies are adhere to and followed at all times
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any accidents at work and complete paperwork.
- To be responsible for the safe use and care of equipment and materials and wear appropriate protective clothing as supplied.
Ensure that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place for all work tasks being completed and that any generic RAMS are amended to specific tasks when attending site.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Industry-specific qualifications such as PA1/PA6, Japanese knotweed, etc.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Able to drive / travel to different sites on a daily basis.
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours as necessary.
- A satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure.
We look for people to become part of Chequers who share our passions and want to be part of a growing organisation with a conscience. Our culture is underpinned by our core philosophy of doing right, so it’s important that we offer progressive and supportive employment opportunities and are a company that inspires every one of our team to live and breathe this ethos supported by our other values to always seek better and always put people first.
Directly/Indirectly) – Email CV to JOBS@CHEQUERSCONTRACTS.CO.UK OR TELEPHONE: 0208 665 6746 and ask to fill out a TELEPHONE VACANCY QUESTIONNAIRE