The Main purpose of the role….
Is to oversee the work activities of cleaners within the department. Establishes or put in place cleaning schedules and assign cleaners to different duties and roles.
Supervise cleaning & domestic staff on a day to day basis and ensuring that cleaning duties are carried out throughout in an effective and efficient way to meet required standards.
- Establishment of cleaning standards and procedures for workers and ensure adherence to these standards and procedures.
- Coaching and developing employees (cleaners).
- Scheduling and assigning specific duties/roles to cleaners and also ensuring that they are carried out expertly.
- Inspection of cleaning equipment on a regular basis so as to know when they are worn-out and also request for replacement.
- Controlling and monitoring the usage of cleaning materials so as to avoid or minimize waste and/or misuse.
- Providing any form of required assistance to cleaners while they carry out their duties.
Health & Safety:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Legislation, as laid down by the Company.
- Communicate any Health and Safety problems encountered, to relevant line manager promptly completing appropriate paperwork as required.
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any non-compliance, or issues.
- Be fully aware of individual and reporting staff’s responsibilities in regard to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- Ensure sites regulations and Health & Safety policies are adhere to and followed at all times.
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any accidents at work and complete paperwork.
- To be responsible for the safe use and care of equipment and materials and wear appropriate office clothing.
Safeguarding/Child protection- to meet the legislative and company policies to ensure all safeguarding practices are adhered to and communicated where appropriate.
- Must possess excellent communication skills in speaking, writing, and even in listening.
- Must have good interpersonal attributes. That is to say, the supervisor must be someone that gets along easily with people (easily approachable).
- Must be outstanding when it comes to organization and coordination of both humans and their activities.
- Must display a high level of integrity due to the fact that he/she may be in a position to take care of people’s personal belongings.
- Excellent decision-making ability is a must-have.
- Must be proactive in the line of duty.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team, and most importantly, lead a team.
- Should have a clear understanding of customer service guidelines/principles.
- Must have relevant experience in cleaning and supervision of cleaning procedures.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous cleaning experience.
- A satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure
We look for people to become part of Chequers who share our passions and want to be part of a growing organisation with a conscience. Our culture is underpinned by our core philosophy of doing right, so it’s important that we offer progressive and supportive employment opportunities and are a company that inspires every one of our team to live and breathe this ethos supported by our other values to always seek better and always put people first.
Directly/Indirectly) – Email CV to JOBS@CHEQUERSCONTRACTS.CO.UK OR TELEPHONE: 0208 665 6746 and ask to fill out a TELEPHONE VACANCY QUESTIONNAIRE