We are seeking a confident, hardworking individual to join our busy and growing team in Ground Maintenance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be able to complete maintenance and refurbishment work, mostly of a decorating nature, although at times work of associated trades will be necessary.
- Carry out pre and post inspections of occupied and empty rooms to determine the extent of internal and external painting and decoration required.
- Having established the decoration need carry out the most cost effective and expedient preparation/repair/ application of decorative products,
- Carry out a range of external and internal painting and redecoration tasks in occupied and empty properties whilst achieving a durable and quality finish.
- Prepare and clean surfaces using the appropriate methods. This could include scraping, sanding of loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant.
Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
- To be responsible for maintaining your own health and safety whilst at work and for the health and safety of colleagues, people who use services and for alerting the officers responsible to any hazards or potential risks to health and safety.
- To ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and to ensure that an appropriate level of confidentiality is maintained around issues which may be personally or commercially sensitive.
- To be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of positive working relationships both with external agencies and internal departments and with individual colleagues with whom interaction is required.
- General tidying of gardens.
Please note, this is a manual role and is internal and external works.
Full clean driving licence essential.
Full clean driving license (desirable)
English, Maths – High School Equivalent
- Must work well in a team
- Flexible approach to work
- Must be driven
- Team Player
In House Training
Directly/Indirectly) – Email CV to JOBS@CHEQUERSCONTRACTS.CO.UK OR TELEPHONE: 0208 665 6746 and ask to fill out a TELEPHONE VACANCY QUESTIONNAIRE